|5/2006 - 7/2006||Unic Internet Solutions||Zürich||Analysis, design and implementation of an EPP server (RFC 3730), interfacing with the main application managing the .ch ccTLD|
- Analysis and UML modelisation
- Implementation (J2EE/JMX/Java 5,XML Schema,XPath)
- Development of unit tests
|11/2005 - 3/2006||Symptotherm||Morges||Complete development of a J2ME application for Java-enabled mobile phones implementing the rules of a female contraception method described at http://www.symptotherm.ch/en/methode.php|
- Analysis and UML modelisation of the sympto-thermal method rules as a state machine.
- Complete implementation of the Java ME client and unittests (J2MEUnit)
- Device testing and deployment setup (using WAP Push), in cooperation with the server-side developer.
|5/2005 - 10/2005||Unic Internet Solutions||Zürich||Work with Unic Internet Solutions on the new domain name registration application for the .ch ccTLD (https://www.switch.ch/reg/)|
- Production of test scenarios for manual GUI testing
- Production of test data
- Definition and implementation of unittests with JUnit
- Application test and debugging assistance
- Environment: Solaris, JBoss, Oracle
|3/2005 - 4/2005||Unic Internet Solutions||Bern||Development of a Java application to manage scheduled import/export of customer data files into/from a proprietary application.|
- J2EEApplication (JSTL/JSP/Servlets)
|5/2004 - 1/2005||Esmertec AG||Neuchâtel||Mobile phone application development (e-mail, Instant Messaging).|
- Java (J2ME) environment.
- Definition of a component architecture
- Setup of a build infrastructure using ant
- Application implementation, optimization and test
- Technical documentation
|8/2003 - 3/2004||VIPS||Geneva||Participation in the development of the interactive medical training website www.swissvips.ch|
- Development and refactoring of Java code and JSP pages. Tomcat application server, MySQL, JDBC.
- Setup of a source code repository and build infrastructure using CVS, ant, and SSH.
|10/2000 - 6/2003||Swiss Federal Statistical Office||Neuchâtel||Technical assistance for the 2000 Swiss Federal Census.|
- Software development (Java,Oracle PL/SQL, Python, shell)
- Process and application modeling using UML.
- Data analysis and process control (Oracle PL/SQL)
- Participation in the final evaluation report on the
- software-related aspects of the project.
- Software-related assistance to the project manager.
|7/2001 - 8/2001||Instantsoft||Campbell,CA, USA|
- Architecture and design consultancy (UML, J2EE, EJB).
- Development of XML/XSLT based components.
|7/2000 - 10/2000||Banque Pictet||Geneva||Porting of a financial data framework from Smalltalk to Java.(J2EE/J2SE, Visual Age, Pervasive SQL).|
|12/1999 - 2/2000||Skyweb SA||Renens/VD||Development of the www.hotpool.ch site, a simple marketplace website. Technologies: Perl, MySQL|
|9/1999 - 5/2000||Swiss Federal Statistical Office||Neuchâtel||Design and implementation of an interactive exhibition.|
- System architecture and design
- Implementation of the server side software (Perl, C, shell scripts)
- Implementation of data management for the visitor-related data and for the featured statistical data.
|9/1998 - 5/2000||CSC||Geneva||Contract work for Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC)|
- Participation in the development of an intranet application used for the management of internal resources.
- Java technical reference and mentor
- Development of application components (class libraries and servlets).
- Architecture, design and implementation of class libraries for an intranet warehouse management application (HTML, Java servlets).
- Architecture, design, and implementation of a resource planning application (Java, Swing, SQL-Server).
|7/1997||Sun|| ||Sun Certified Java Programmer certification|
|3/1996 - 1/1997||ACN||Neuchâtel||Design and implementation of software components for a combined Ethernet switch / IP router.|
- Participation in the porting of a Unix-like kernel to proprietary RISC-based hardware.
- Participation in the development of Ethernet switching software for this hardware. C language, kernel programming.
- Participation in the development of ad-hoc local and remote management tools for this product (C language, SNMP)
|9/1995 - 2/2000||Hewlett-Packard||Geneva||Contract work for HP's EMEA headquarters in Geneva.|
- Development of business applications using Oracle 7 (Pro/C and PL/SQL, HP-UX)
- Evaluation and review of subcontractor code, including development of a C++ test framework.
- Participation in the specification process for a reseller management business application.
- Integration of public-domain Unix security tools into the enterprise security architecture (C, awk , shell,HP-UX)
- Development of a custom network management tool using Tcl/Tk and the SNMP protocol.
- Development of an XSLT-based publication toolchain allowing to publish PDF or navigable Web version of agendas from a single XML source. Technologies: Apache Cocoon and FOP
|9/1995 - 3/1996||Ecole Technique Supérieure||Saint-Imier||Teaching. Taught subjects: Pascal programming and realtime programming using Ada.|
|1/1995 - 7/1995||Crédit Suisse||Zürich|
- Definition and implementation of a version control & configuration management environment (SunSoft TeamWare, sccs)
- Specification and implementation of OO design patterns (C++, Booch methodology).
- Participation in reviews of architecture, analysis and design documents(Booch methodology).
|1/1994 - 11/1995||Ascom Infrasys SA||Marin / NE|
- C++ programming guidelines
- Source and code management guidelines
- Definition and installation of a version control & configuration management environment (SunSoft TeamWare, sccs)
- Object-oriented application analysis and design (Booch/OOSE methodology, Rational Rose CASE tool).
- Implementation of a user interface prototype for a call management application (C++, Windows NT).
- Specification, design and implementation of C++ components and patterns.
|11/1991 - 1/1994||Ascom Infrasys SA||Marin/NE|
- Development of modules for a proprietary security network (Modula-2, Intel 80186).
- Financial application prototyping (Sun Solaris 2, C++, Booch methodology)
- 3 month evaluation of object-oriented analysis and design m ethodologies available at the time (Booch, OMT,Shlaer-Mellor,...). Booch methodology retained.
- Analysis, design and C++ implementation of the back-end part of the prototype.
|7/1991 - 10/1991||ESNIG||Neuchâtel||Teaching (evening courses, Basic and C programming)|
|12/1990||EPFL||Lausanne||Engineer's degree in computer science.|